I spoke to my big sis yesterday during our weekly Sunday Face Time chats and she exhausted the conversation early to get out and enjoy the rays of sunshine. She lives in Alaska and was gloating over the longer days becoming more noticed.
This coming weekend we spring forward and although we lose an hour of sleep – who cares, right?! An extra hour of sunlight moving closer to solstice day creates hope for the cold days to end (although here in KC we have had a seriously mild winter)!
What does longer days of sun mean for you? Here are my favs!
- Flowers, flowers and more flowers!
- Walks and hikes for a much greater span!
- Corn hole and beer – just saying!
- Vitamin D – healthy immune system!
- Fresh fruits and Veggies!
- Green Grass and Parks!
- Water Slides, Water Parks, Water Rides, Water Fountains, Water Polo!
Now looking at the bottom right corner of my computer I see that it’s just March 6…Yikes, I may be a little overconfident here, although back to my point…Spring forward is this weekend so mark your calendars and sunlight feel free to shine on through!