It’s tech week for the dancers at Kansas City Ballet. That’s right! Somehow time has flown by and we are finishing up our 2012-2013 with our upcoming triple bill line-up! It being the end of the season, comes with a bit more tweaks, muscle aches, & fatigue it seems. Well at least that’s how I feel! So I jam packed my fridge with medicine. Okay, so I’m not talking about cold advil and voltarin. Although, I wish making those two things cold could magically turn them both into the ultimate miracle workers. But instead, in this case, food is the kind of medicine I’m talking about! Foods and liquids that are jam packed with potassium, electrolytes, protein, vitamin c, probiotics, and other minerals. I’m sad to say that the fridge also doesn’t make food turn into the ultimate curer either but at least it makes it all taste better!
Did you Know?
- An avocado provides more potassium than a banana! An average avocado (201g) contains 975 mg (28% DV) whereas an average banana (118 g) contains 422 mg (12%). Not to underestimate the banana because let’s be honest, eating a banana is easier than eating an avocado!
- Drink Coconut Water to hydrate! It has fewer calories, less sodium, and more potassium than a sports drink. Ounce per ounce, most unflavored coconut water contains 5.45 calories, 1.3 grams sugar, 61 milligrams (mg) of potassium, and 5.45 mg of sodium compared to Gatorade, which has 6.25 calories, 1.75 grams of sugar, 3.75 mg of potassium, and 13.75 mg of sodium.
- A Kiwi has more vitamin C than an orange! And so do these foods. 7 Foods With More Vitamin C than an Orange by the Healthy Living section of the Huffpost.
- Greek Yogurt can have twice as much protein than normal yogurt. Check out this article on LIVESTRONG.com.
- Cook up an Egg White Omelet and pep it up with some Jalapeno Chicken Sausage from Trader Joes! Or nothing beats a Whey Protein, Fruit (Bananas, Strawberry, Orange Juice), Kefir, and Peanut Butter Smoothie to get you going.
Merde and Congratulations to those dancers out there finishing up their 2012-2013 season too! It’s been a very memorable year! I hope that you will continue to follow me on your time off. And for all you lucky ones that get to keep on dancing, follow along too! Thanks everyone! And remember to dancehealthier!